Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » CAN YOU USE A VIDEO CAMERA ON YOUR PHONE TO DO A ANIMATION FILM

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 19 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 19.
connor gorman Posted: Oct 6th 2007

jordan Posted: Oct 6th 2007

erm nope

why cant you

Mr Hyde Posted: Oct 6th 2007

yeah you can but it would be darn hard to keep ur phone still

oh yer you good put it on a stand thow couldnt yer

jordan Posted: Oct 6th 2007

and the picture quailty would be really naff, also you cant start doing animation using a phone you need a camcorder!

animation boy Posted: Oct 6th 2007

dont even bother.

You will need a mini Dv camera to do animation. These can be bought at minimun for £30 (tesco value =)

ok

Modelmaker93 Posted: Feb 15th 2008

i dont use a dv cam i use a vivitar Digital camera it only cost me £30 and it is great for animations and u can use it as a webcam

cinders1 Posted: Feb 15th 2008

modelmaker a mobile phone camera is all conty started off with, but he had to take all of the shots and then drag and drop them into movie maker, its a tricky way of doing it, as you have to keep all the pictures in the right order, but its possible, the clip he made of the mouse album was done that way;) but i wouldnt recommend it as there are lots of other things to keep in mind like the lack of manual control and manual focus and also the live feed that you really need;)

cavor Posted: Feb 15th 2008

You are sounding like a real Pro!! cinders it’s amazing what we learn after all the head aches!!;)

Is conty using the live feed on his Digital camera to make his films? As that wouldn’t utilize the high resolution from the cameras digital stills?

no hes not using the canon G9 at all!!!:O though its not money down the drain, as when he gets better he will need to use it for film festivals but seeing as his work will only be viewed on the web the camcorder is better for him for now, :)

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 15th 2008

Yes, Conty is a genuis!!!:D

cavor Posted: Feb 15th 2008

I much prefer using a Digital camcorder for the flow of work less messing about!!
;)

hehe sharkie!!! without cavors and ross's advice, i dont think conty would of been up and running now!!! in fact im sure he wouldnt of been, its very hard to find someone with a knowledge of animation and cameras, and someone who is kind enough to help;)

luke Posted: Feb 15th 2008

I started on my dad's mobile phone (I didn't have a camera phone then). I held it in place with a bit of blue tack. When i got better at making films, i got a proper camera. Cameras are much better though (my dad got pickpocketed in London and i lost all of my films!)

Yes, Cinders. That is true.:) Who's Ross? Conty's brother?:D

no hes the guy from stopmotion pro, he set contys camera and camcorder up for him;)

Oh right. Thanks. Fast reply!;)

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.