Forgot Password?


Back to forum


There are 29 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 29.
jonnycheese Posted: Oct 6th 2007

are they making it in computer animation, because if they are then :'( but if it is with the good old fasioned clay then :D

Jenny Posted: Oct 6th 2007

they will probly have some animation but they will have clay i think :)

jordan Posted: Oct 6th 2007

its called plasticine :)

connor gorman Posted: Oct 6th 2007

not it will be plsticine because the other 3 shorts were clay animated

Harry07 Posted: Oct 7th 2007


jordan Posted: Oct 7th 2007

Clay is what plant pots are made of

Hutch Posted: Oct 7th 2007

Hehe,so right Jordon;)

anti-pesto Posted: Oct 7th 2007

please say plasticine it bugs me when people call it "modeling paste or clay" or "clay" please u call urselfs wandg fans!

Seb Moderator Posted: Oct 7th 2007

some people may get a bit confused from the use of names such as 'claymation', which suggest that clay is used. Don't be tricked!

jordan Posted: Oct 8th 2007

i annoys the heck out of me lol "clay this , clay that" Its plasticine!!!! lol

onslow202 Posted: Oct 10th 2007

Of course itll be plasticine the last 4 films have been and aardmans speciality is stop motion there the best in the world at it and i dont think theyll change

sorry for coming on strong lol

arnymate Posted: Oct 11th 2007

clay is basically the same as plasticine so it doesnt really matter and if you want to go into detail its newplast but that dont matter lol
i think the iflm will be made using clay/plasticine/newplast because it woul riun w&g if it wasnt and nick doesnt want his creation to fall so i think it will be made using clay/plasticine/newplast lol

jordan Posted: Oct 13th 2007

clay is not plasticine and is different material !!! eeek lol

Hutch Posted: Oct 21st 2007


funkycheese7000 Posted: Oct 21st 2007

I don't want it 2 be CGI cos that would be sad. I don't think it is though, because if U watch the video there is a shot of 'Piella' and she is made of plasticine.

bigballbubblehead Posted: Oct 23rd 2007

of course it won't be computer animation!! it would ruin the hole thing and in the blog at the top it shows them making a plastercine woman :P

connor gorman Posted: Nov 7th 2007

clay drys plasticine doesnt

J-Snake Posted: Nov 8th 2007

Its called clay animation. if you wach the behind the seanes of wallace and gromit they even call it plasticine clay animation. plasticine is just a kind of clay like pottery is just a kind of clay.

arnymate Posted: Nov 11th 2007

thankyou someone agrees with me lol

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 23rd 2007

Yeah, it will be Plasticine. And claymation and clay bugs me so badly! CALL IT PLASTICINE PEOPLE!

cavor Posted: Dec 23rd 2007

Plasticine is the original name we are all familiar with from the original oil based clay company Plasticine .

Plasticine is a generic name for this kind of formulation off clay.

It is the same difference when we all refer to the vacuum cleaner as a Hoover again I believe Hoover was one of the original vacuum cleaner manufacturers.

It is no disrespect to call it clay as it is only an abbreviation.

Here is an interesting article on the history of Plasticine.

Merry Christmas all, chill out over the hols.

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 23rd 2007

Wow. Cavor, you know a LOT!!! Merry Christms and a Happy New Year!

jonnycheese Posted: Mar 25th 2008

LOL Thanx for all of the replies. The name for the type of animation is actually stop-motion, but I call it clay and plasticine sometimes. Thank you cavor for your research!

Happy Easter
Cheeseman :D;)|-)

jordan Posted: Mar 25th 2008

we do know its called stopmotion (ive been doing it for 8 years)

thetopbun Posted: Mar 15th 2009

Of course it is called Stop-Motion! Stop-Motion is a series of frames which are put at a high speed to create the illusion of movement. The usual amount of frames in one second for Aarmdan is 25. OK?



chees3gromit Posted: Mar 25th 2009

just call it plasticinemation ;)

iantimothy Posted: Mar 25th 2009

i know here... know one at all knows the word plasticine... its modeling clay. or just clay.

PlasticineMaster Posted: Apr 18th 2009

PLASTICINE, they say it is that on the wallace and gromit behind the scenes... all the proof you need.

Jamie Gomersall Posted: Aug 4th 2009

Its not plasticine Aardman use. Its a special mixture of clay, plasticine and oils which is called Aard-mix.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.