Warning: PDOStatement::execute(): SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1449 The user specified as a definer ('aardman'@'%') does not exist in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Forum/Message/Message.php on line 300 Wallace & Gromit - Forum - Latest News - The Voice of Piella is Announced!

Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » THE VOICE OF PIELLA IS ANNOUNCED!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 47 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 47.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Mar 17th 2008

Sally returns to the Street, but this time it’s West Wallaby Street.

Bristol, 17th March 2008; Sally Lindsay, possibly best known for her character Shelly Unwin in Coronation Street, is to voice ‘Piella Bakewell’ the new character who appears alongside Wallace (voiced by Peter Sallis) in the new Wallace and Gromit adventure, A Matter of Loaf and Death.

A Matter of Loaf and Death, a 30 minute TV Special commissioned by BBC One, is in production at the Aardman studios in Bristol and will be finished late in 2008.
Nick Park says, "I was driving along the M5 listening to a radio interview and heard this colourful and characterful voice – it was a perfect match for Wallace. I have been searching for a while and keeping my ears peeled since I started writing, wondering who might voice Wallace’s love interest. When I heard Sally on the radio I knew she was the one. As soon as I got home I IMDB’d her."

Wallace and Gromit have a brand new bakery business, 'Top Bun'. Their whole house has been converted into a granary with a ‘Wallace patent-pending’ old-fashioned windmill on the roof. Although business is booming, Gromit finds himself having to run the whole operation single-handedly as Wallace is 'dough-eyed' in love with the beautiful Piella Bakewell, former star of the Bake-O-Lite bread commercials.

But Gromit is not so enamored of Piella - her 'woman’s touch' at 62 West Wallaby Street puts the dog’s nose out of joint. What’s more, a dozen local bakers have disappeared in recent months and Gromit is worried that Wallace may be next. Gromit turns sleuth and the duo soon find themselves drawn into a sinister murder mystery - it’s 'A Matter Of Loaf And Death'.

cool chris Posted: Mar 17th 2008

yay

cool chris Posted: Mar 17th 2008

jordan Posted: Mar 17th 2008

hehe i broke the news 2 hours ago before this!
o wow i like the finalised production version of piella

jordan Posted: Mar 17th 2008

an shes' me avatar too

Harry Posted: Mar 17th 2008

Ha'h, Fantastic hopefully it will be fun for her in the aardman studios!

Mark the shark Posted: Mar 17th 2008

WAHOO!!!! Fantastic! I hope you Aardman folk have fun! Dang, I just wanna finish school and work at Aardman!;)

wandgfan21 Posted: Mar 18th 2008

yahoo yes finaly i cant wait.

Gags Posted: Mar 18th 2008

Can we please hear a clip of her voice to see what Piella sounds like?;)

purple and brown Posted: Mar 18th 2008
;)

just type in Sally Lindsay on google video:D

anti-pesto Posted: Mar 18th 2008

go onto youtube and hear her. she sounds like a proper gd person 2 do her voice as its very northern and sounds gd

MARLOW NATHAN Posted: Mar 18th 2008

yer

cattieme Posted: Mar 19th 2008

MARLOW NATHAN Posted: Mar 19th 2008

Mark the shark Posted: Mar 20th 2008

Wahoo!!!:D

MaxKK14 Posted: Mar 23rd 2008

As one of the biggest Wallace and Gromit fanatics on here, I must say, Nick Park really knows his casting. Sally Lindsay has that dotty, lightheaded personality that's just right for Piaella Bakewell. I sense this will be Wallace and Gromit's grandest day out yet!

arthur Posted: Mar 23rd 2008

i know shes the vilain!

Gromit Fans Posted: Mar 23rd 2008

Ello ! Hello ! Hi ! Good Morning ! Well , this is my first-time using computer by typing out some messangers to Mr Nick Park from the aardman . Wee done , Mr Nick Park as I really like your art-works and ( & )in the future I hope you can create Gromit's his own parent and ( & ) family !

:D:)

Good work ! Keep it up !

W and G Posted: Mar 23rd 2008

thats great keep it up

mue Posted: Mar 24th 2008

When is gromit going to get a girlfriend?!

666joshy666 Posted: Mar 24th 2008

In my new series! Here's the forum link! http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/forum/read/6345#message_126853

wGstephanie Posted: Mar 25th 2008

can any on:preston2:e tell me :preston2:who this i:preston2:s?:preston2:

RowansLovesWAndG Posted: Mar 25th 2008

wow i like the final piella !!

wGstephanie Posted: Mar 25th 2008

mrpianokeys Posted: Mar 25th 2008
|-)

i heard this news on the radio!!

shirelyfan Posted: Mar 27th 2008

she often comes on radio 2, and she has a great voice!

mrpianokeys Posted: Mar 27th 2008

she does i used to watch her on tv

Janique1 Posted: Mar 27th 2008

yeah, she did

chat2 Posted: Mar 27th 2008

so cool

Hutch Posted: Mar 28th 2008

exellentay ;)

OwenAnimate Posted: Mar 31st 2008

sOUNDING GOOD!
Prehap[s members on the site can get a sneak look at a scene before it's released lol
Can't wait to see the finished episode in December!

mqueen9557 Posted: Apr 2nd 2008

thats great

Janique1 Posted: Apr 2nd 2008

yeah, sure is

Mark the shark Posted: Apr 19th 2008

I CAN'T WAIT!!!:D

stacy kiss 93 Posted: Apr 20th 2008

neather can i

Call me Carl Posted: Jun 6th 2008

When will it be on Video For Americans to see? I'm looking forward to that.

jordan Posted: Jun 7th 2008

video , videos got stopped being made long ago....

Call me Carl Posted: Jun 7th 2008

Sorry DVD,my bad.

wallaceandcheese Posted: Jul 3rd 2008

cant wait for it to come out.

SavedbyBishop Posted: Oct 28th 2008

Wallace and Gromit are the best characters ever to be made up

Nathan M Posted: Nov 8th 2008
:D

peter kay is pc mac Posted: Dec 23rd 2008

Her voice is so good! she's going 2 be brill! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The new film looks so exciting!!! Is it true that Geraldine McEwan will make a return appearance as Miss Thripp?

cool chris Posted: Dec 25th 2008

no

FlufflesRocks-xx Posted: Dec 26th 2008

Now I dont know about you but does Piella look like Peter Kay... um, female-ised??

SavedbyBishop Posted: Dec 26th 2008

She was awesome when she did Piella

peter kay is pc mac Posted: Jan 1st 2009

Sally Lindsay was SO good! I think she's the best villian, but i also like Feathers McGrew

But which is better Piella Bakewell or Feathers McGrew?
There's only one way to find out

FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peter kay is pc mac Posted: Jan 3rd 2009

At School we had to do a news report on something in that week, and i chose this! It was good

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.